The Inside Story -- Understanding the Power of Feelings
Improves the mental, emotional and physical health of students
The Inside Story is full of vital information tied to the healthy behavior and physiological and psychological well-being of high school and college students. Drawing on the latest research in neuroscience and emotional physiology, this engaging and visually pleasing text helps students understand the interplay between their bodies, emotions, attitudes, and performance.
Also Available -- Teacher's Guide CD-ROM
Clear instructions for each lesson, student worksheets, overhead or PowerPoint presentation, study notes, assessment, and in-depth teacher background material.
Click here for more information and free sample pages
The Inside Story will?
- Teach a research-proven stress management tool
- Improve attitudes and behaviors
- Increase focus and achievement
- Help students perform at their best
Engaging and student-centered
- Clearly written and entertaining
- Includes the latest scientific research critical for the health of students
- Tied to standards in health education and psychology
- Includes illustrations, diagrams, and student exercises
Connected to many of the national standards for health education and psychology classes, the booklet guides students through key ideas that promote healthy awareness and behavior, including a series of reflective activities and a research-proven stress management tool called Freeze-Frame, demonstrated to reduce emotional turmoil, anger, hostility, and depression.
"This is so relevant to the needs of my students! It is an excellent guide that helps them understand the connection between their emotions, their daily lives and their health and performance."
Pam Poholsky, Health Education, Murrysville, PA