Learn to Make the Right Choices and Add Balance and Ease for a Great Experience
Navigating the college maze is stressful, with lots of personal and academic challenges along the way. The College DeStress Handbook can teach you what you can control and how to maintain ease and flow. Based on the Institute of HeartMath's 20 years of stress and emotion self-regulation research, this handbook, highly touted by psychologists, professors and other educators,can help serious students recognize their stressors and how to stop them in the moment.
It contains three key HeartMath techniques that guide you in recognizing your personal stressors and in learning to reduce their intensity and eventually replacing them with more positive feeling and attitudes. College students will find they are soon using these easy-to-learn techniques, which have been shown to improve test-taking and other academic performance and the ability to replenish the energy and resilience needed to do well and have a great experience in the process.
Contents (82-page paperback)
Chapter 1. Navigating the College Maze
Chapter 2. How the Heart, Brain and Body Affect Performance
Chapter 3. Performance and Stress
Chapter 4. Building Coherence
Chapter 5. Test Anxiety, Insomnia, Digital Overload and Relationships
Chapter 6. Time Management and Decision-Making
Chapter 7. Cool Your Heels: Flow and Inner Ease
Chapter 8. Three Keys for Sustaining Resilience
- Thorough explanation of what stress is, how your body warns you that you are stressed and how stress affects you.
- List of questions to ponder at end of each chapter.
- Tips for improving test-taking.
- Tips for falling asleep and staying asleep.
- Three of HeartMath's most effective emotion self-regulation techniques and exercises for making them part of your daily routine.
- Four-color layout